We are Lunar Campers Ltd, a company registered under company number 10806489 . Our registered office is at 6 Sherdley Road, Lostock Hall, Preston, PR5 5JF.
The purpose of our privacy statement
At Lunar Campers we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are also committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This policy provides you with details on why we need to collect personal information about you, the personal information we collect, how we intend to use it, keep it safe and who we will share it with and what your rights are.
Why we collect personal information
We require the information that you provide to us in order to:
- Add you to our electronic mailing list and send you regular newsletter emails when you opt-in to our newsletter sign up.
- Add you to our customer database and send you marketing literature in the post when you complete and submit your details on our brochure request page.
- Add you to our product warranty database when you complete the online warranty validation form.
- Handle and process your entry to a competition or a survey.
- Respond to your enquiry.
- Carry out customer profiling to ensure content is tailored towards specific interests.
- Generate customer demographic data for internal marketing research.
The personal information we collect
- Personal details such as full name and age category.
- Contact details such as address, phone number, mobile number and email address.
The web site information we collect
We may collect information about you computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability, and for marketing purposes.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the web site's usability and for marketing purposes.
We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our web site, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many web sites.
Sharing your personal information
We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
The only third parties we may share your information with is:
1. our authorised Lunar Camper dealers and sales agents.
2. our suppliers who may need to help with product/ technical support.
3. our data management firms who look after our servers, website and databases.
4. Lawyers, regulators and auditors for legal, regulatory and financial purposes.
Security of your personal information
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Access to your information is strictly limited to the employees, authorised dealers, suppliers and other third parties who have a business need to know.
Data transmission over the internet is not completely secure but we do use strict procedures and security features to help prevent unauthorised access.
Holding and deleting your information
We will be retain your personal information for a maximum of ten years. This runs in line with the maximum extended warranty period.
You are entitled to request the following from Lunar Caravans. This is known as 'Data Subject Access Request'.
- Right of access – to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it. We do charge an admin fee of £15.00.
- Right to rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object - to object to processing or transferring of your personal information
Please contact email@example.com for more information.